question

info-31 avatar image
info-31 asked

Unable to use playfab OSS with unreal engine 4.27.2

As I was trying the tutorial for QuickStart: PlayFab Online Subsystem (OSS), I came across 2 issues:

1. I am unable to find the file Engine.ini for the step Game Configuration. Am I suppose to create them?

2. When building the project after I had input the PlayFabMultiplayerUnreal file from GitHub, this error came out:

WARNING: Unknown platform XboxOneGDK listed in plugin with FriendlyName Online Subsystem PlayFab Party & Multiplayer

WARNING: Unknown platform WinGDK listed in plugin with FriendlyName Online Subsystem PlayFab Party & Multiplayer

WARNING: Unknown platform XSX listed in plugin with FriendlyName Online Subsystem PlayFab Party & Multiplayer

WARNING: Unknown platform PS5 listed in plugin with FriendlyName Online Subsystem PlayFab Party & Multiplayer

WARNING: Unknown platform XboxOneGDK while parsing whitelist for module descriptor OnlineSubsystemPlayFab

WARNING: Unknown platform WinGDK while parsing whitelist for module descriptor OnlineSubsystemPlayFab

WARNING: Unknown platform XSX while parsing whitelist for module descriptor OnlineSubsystemPlayFab

WARNING: Unknown platform PS5 while parsing whitelist for module descriptor OnlineSubsystemPlayFab

While compiling D:\UnrealEngine-4.27-chaos\Engine\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\UE4Rules.dll: d:\UnrealEngine-4.27-chaos\Engine\Plugins\Online\OnlineSubsystemPlayfab\Source\OnlineSubsystemPlayFab.Build.cs(21,98) : error CS0117: 'UnrealBuildTool.UnrealTargetPlatform' does not contain a definition for 'PS5' d:\UnrealEngine-4.27-chaos\Engine\Plugins\Online\OnlineSubsystemPlayfab\Source\OnlineSubsystemPlayFab.Build.cs(170,53) : error CS0117: 'UnrealBuildTool.UnrealTargetPlatform' does not contain a definition for 'PS5' ERROR: Unable to compile source files.

Also, if I removed the platform I not shipping, the other platform will just replace PS5 in the content.

May I know if I am missing a setup for installing any GDK in this cases? As I read thru the tutorial multiple time and I don't think I am missing any steps and there are no prequel setup required.

Following are my project details:

1. Unreal Engine Version: 4.27 - chaos build (from GitHub)

2. Plugins enabled: VaREST, Playfab Marketplace Plugin, datasmith.

unreal
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

info-31 avatar image info-31 commented ·

Addon:

Delivering Platform: Windows x64

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha commented ·

I will dig into it.

0 Likes 0 ·
info-31 avatar image info-31 Xiao Zha commented ·

Hi @Xiao Zha thanks for the interest, I wonder if you are able to reproduce the issue?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

>> 1. I am unable to find the file Engine.ini for the step Game Configuration. Am I suppose to create them?

You can find the Engine.ini in “[ProjectDirectory]/Config/” after you create a UE project. You can refer to Configuration Files | Unreal Engine 4.27 Documentation for more information.

>>2. When building the project after I had input the PlayFabMultiplayerUnreal file from GitHub, this error came out:

Since your TargetPlatflom is WIN64, you can try to comment out other platform codes that report errors in OnlineSubsystemPlayFab.Build.cs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.