question

darkworth000 avatar image
darkworth000 asked

Plugin from ue4 marketplace does not add any blueprint nodes even though the description in the plugins window clearly says blueprint sdk

After downloading and installing the Playfab SDK plugin from the ue4 marketplace to the 4.20 engine and enabling it in the plugins dialogue, there are no blueprint nodes showing up. None of the nodes in the getting started tutorial show up, nothing pertaining to playfab shows up, and since all of the current docs seem to be from before the marketplace item was even a plugin (used to be a link to this site to download the plugin source) I see nothing to document how to get started with this, nor to even provide a clue as to why nothing is showing up now that the plugin is installed and enabled.

Anyone tried the ue4 marketplace plugin yet and might be able to shed a little light on this?

Thanks,

sdksunreal
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

starkgaminginc avatar image starkgaminginc commented ·

moved to comment on andy's post

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

I just chatted with the SDK team about this and it looks like there are a couple things to be aware of.

1. Up until earlier today, we actually had only published a 4.19.2 plugin. We uploaded a 4.20 version today.
  2. The plugin version available today does not actually contain the blueprint SDK, just the CPP SDK. We're going to be merging them very soon (hopefully next week).
  3. That merged SDK will be incompatible with the current version, so if you may want to hold off till next week to dig into this more.

I'm going to press the team to update the docs to account for the marketplace plugin, but I can't give a timeline on when that might happen.

8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

darkworth000 avatar image darkworth000 commented ·

OK thanks for checking into that Andy. I will keep an eye out for it all next week then

0 Likes 0 ·
starkgaminginc avatar image starkgaminginc commented ·

Just wanted to check in on this as the documentation still shows 4.14 - 4.17 while the playfab.uplugin is showing 4.19. Note I typically download from the github source and not the marketplace plugin.

https://github.com/PlayFab/UnrealBlueprintSDK

I also have a few HTML5 4.20.2 UE4 projects that are crashing with the current SDK (4.19) version and I just want to rule out Playfab as a potential cause. Everything was working fine in 4.19!

0 Likes 0 ·
starkgaminginc avatar image starkgaminginc starkgaminginc commented ·

As an update to this I'm having multiple crashes in the 4.20.2 version of UE4 so it may just be a somewhat unstable build right now. I will be staying with 4.19 for now!

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ starkgaminginc commented ·

It looks like the merge hasn't quite happened yet (which is what happens when I try to give an actual timeline, naturally). Expect those repos to either be deprecated in favor of a combined repo or for the documentation to be updated to reflect the proper supported versions.

0 Likes 0 ·
darkworth000 avatar image darkworth000 commented ·

@Andy Hey Andy, any more word on this new version of the sdk? Got plenty to do in the meantime but it is all really filler work to fill the time until this is ready, as a lot of what remains to be done needs to be hooked into these back-end services and/or needs account level functionality to fully implement.

Also the primary hindrance to starting some early level testing is the need for proper match-making and server instances. :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ darkworth000 commented ·

Yes! I do have an update. The team just pushed the combined SDK to GitHub here:https://github.com/PlayFab/UnrealMarketplacePlugin. We don't have it up on the marketplace just yet, but that should come soon.

0 Likes 0 ·
starkgaminginc avatar image starkgaminginc Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Quick question - how does the marketplace version differ compared to the blueprintSDK? Is this a C++ only or does it include Blueprint as well?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.