question

Kamil Hepner avatar image
Kamil Hepner asked

UE4 Upload file

Hi everyone,

I got stuck a little bit with uploading files to player account. Not really sure what to do with UploadURL and how to pass files to HTTP PUT (via varest Plugin) That's how far I've got:

Here I'm getting Entity after successful login:

Then I initializeFileUploads for a file "TestFile"

But I'm not sure, how now I can pass my file path e.g c:\file.zip to URL PUT ?? In order to finalize it?

Thank you for any suggestions

unreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

PlayFab Unreal Plugin does not provide a method to upload files. So after you get the URL, you may need to use a third-party plugin to implement a method to upload files. For details on how to implement it, please go to the UE4 forum for professional help.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kamil Hepner answered

For some reasons, images are missing:

Here I'm getting Entity after successful login:

Then I initializeFileUploads for a file "TestFile"

login-entity.png (190.8 KiB)
call-url.png (335.0 KiB)
10 |1200

Kamil Hepner answered

Thanks, Gosen. I can prepare a JSON object and send it through, but is there any information on how that JSON file should look like. Fields Names? Anything?

1 comment
10 |1200

Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

There should be no restrictions on file names. Since you can send a JSON object, as long as you can read the file as a JSON object, it should work. In unity, you can read the file as byte code, then upload it to the PlayFab. You can refer to https://community.playfab.com/questions/58282/entity-file-upload-help.html.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.