question

David Hodgkinson avatar image
David Hodgkinson asked

Disable PlayFab Party disconnection behaviour while waiting on a breakpoint

Hello, I'm experiencing an issue where when debugging our application we experience PlayFab Party disconnections.

I believe this is related to the behaviour described in the PartyEndpoint::SendMessage documentation which states that a client which cannot successfully send or receive a GuaranteedDelivery packet from the transparent relay will be disconnected from the network. However, I'm using the direct peer-to-peer transmission behaviour so I'm not sure why the relay would be involved at all.

What I'd like to be able to do is set a flag on the Party to tell it I'm a debug build and are therefor likely to be sat on a breakpoint in VS for an indefinite period of time. As such it should then never invoke this disconnect behaviour. I would however still like it to do all the other GuaranteedDelivery behaviour such as automatically retrying failed packets.

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

May I know If your application running normally in non-debugging mode, and whether the CreateNetwork, JoinNetwork, and SendDataMessage operations can be executed normally? And I have tested the SendMessage part under debug mode with delivery option set to GuaranteedDelivery, but neither player disconnected. Could you please provide us with a detailed reproduction steps so that we can do better research. In addition, you may try to test with our official Party sample to see if the issue persists.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Hodgkinson avatar image David Hodgkinson commented ·

Hello, thanks for your response. I am not using Unity so I can't reproduce in the sample you linked, however I can reproduce it in the Net.Rumble sample in the C++ GDK SDK.

I was able to reproduce it by setting a breakpoint on the Host in the Game::ProcessGameNetworkMessage function, in the case block for GameMessageType::ShipInput. Leaving it for over 20s on that breakpoint will cause the issue. You will know you've left it long enough when the client starts throwing logs about the network being destroyed. I have a snapshot of the log but it's too long for this comment.

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha David Hodgkinson commented ·

Since you are using C++ GDK SDK Party sample and the sample is related to XboxLive, due to non-disclosure agreement (NDA), questions related to Xbox cannot be discussed in the public forum. Please open a support ticket so we can connect you with an NDA agent who can help you with your question without violating the NDA.

But here is a similar post: Control Playfab Party timeout - Playfab Community which use the C++ Party example, you can have a look. The disconnect issue may be some kind of active disconnecting mechanism. It may not be controllable via API or other methods.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.