Let's say the Match has two Teams that the players can play as:
Now In a PVP Online Match (Max 10 Players) There will be always 5 Monster Vs 5 Hunter Players.Players are to choose their Teams when creating the matchmaking request and match against other players with different Team.
The Matchmaking Team Configuration on Playfab seems really useful since we can apply Balance and Skill rules, also it does assign player to teams so our game servers have a easier time to parse players team. But the only thing which is crucial to our flow that we are missing is to tell the playfab matchmaker that this Player wishes to Join X team when matchmaking so match him/her with other people with same team choice on the same team and against others with the other team choice.
I Understand that creating two "Match Total Rule" for Each team can match players with preferred team but that means we can't use the Teams + Teams Rules to balance since it can't guarantee that the players land in the correct team.
The ideal method to implement the matchmaking with preferred Team would be:
- PVP Matchmaking Queue Configured With 2 Teams [Monster and Hunters]
- Player A , Creates a Matchmaking Ticket With Preferred Team "Hunter"
- Player B, Also Creates a Ticket With Preferred Team "Hunter"
- Players C and D , Each Create a Ticket With Preferred Team "Monster"
- Completed Matchmaking Teams are as Follow:
- Team Hunter: Players [A,B]
- Team Monster: Players [C,D]