question

Bits360 avatar image
Bits360 asked

I need the pricing explained to me

I am a complete newbie, looking into playfab for ue4, but, nothing makes sense in pricing. What is a compute hour? Why is it listed only in the free version? What is are PlayStream Event, Telemetry event, Profile, Content and config, Cloudscript, Insights, and Party? I am only looking for getting data from client to client cheaply and efficiently with a simple matchmaking and party system, and have read the documentation already, however, I still do not understand it, or what is required/most efficient for my project, in this case, a simple fps game, mostly to test out how this all works.

pricing
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Titles are free in Development Mode, you don’t need to worry about the billing in the current state. For now, I believe you may need to learn the features and terminologies of PlayFab. For those knowledges, we have provided detailed documentation. For example, you have asked for pricing questions, the document --PlayFab Consumption Best Practices - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs explains all.

>>Computing hours, mostly are from Cloud Script/Azure function.

Please refer to CloudScript section

>> PlayStream Event, Telemetry event

PlayStream Event is a core feature and players’ activities can generate events. Those Events can trigger other actions from PlayFab and developers can code to write a customized event according to the specific requirements. It is also explained in section Events.

The question scope of this thread is too large to cover. We suggest sending one major question per thread to help us solve your questions.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.