question

mikael.lauvlid@hotmail.no avatar image
mikael.lauvlid@hotmail.no asked

Does Dynamic standby keep scaling «forever» if needed?

Let’s say I use Dynamic Standby for my servers. And let’s say I get a sudden spike in players so all dynamic standby thresholds are met and dynamic standby scales up the target standby to 4x of the target standby floor (final threshold). But what if the player spike is so big so that the thresholds are met again. Will dynamic standby keep scaling the target standby? Or will it only scale once per threshold?

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

If demand still rises after the final threshold is triggered, the threshold will not be triggered again. In this case, you may need to re-evaluate the server size. You could adjust the dynamic standby threshold settings to better accommodate the increase demands.

After demand decreases, the threshold will trigger again as demand increases again.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.