question

gersterrobyn avatar image
gersterrobyn asked

How to create automatic, idle game style, pvp,How to make “idle” game style pvp?

I am wondering if PlayFab is the right solution for making a game similar to mobile games like “Crush Them All”.

What I want to achieve is that I can simulate guild battles, 10vs10 players, where every player is a “unit” with gear and skills. Then the battle between the units will automatically simulate fight. So units will move towards each other and attack until one side is annihilated.

How can something like this be implemented in a way that prevents cheating?

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

It is possible to create idle game style automated PvP using PlayFab. The Player Data feature could be used to store attributes such as equipment and skills for each player unit. The PlayFab Group feature could be used to implement the guild. And guild battles between units could be simulated on the server side (usually, it’s a dedicate server.). After simulating a battle on the server side, the simulated battle data will be sent to the player to demonstrate the battle situation on the client side. You may need to implement an algorithm that considers the attributes of each unit and simulates a battle until one side is annihilated. Also, if you don’t won’t to use dedicate server, you may try to use the serverless service Azure Function instead.

As for prevent cheating, you may implement all important game logic on the server side with validation logic so that it's difficult for players to cheat.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.