question

jahelmer4 avatar image
jahelmer4 asked

Server Remains Active After Game Instance Exit?

Whenever the game is prompted to end, the application terminates (I've tested this locally before deploying to PlayFab). PlayFab also props a new standby server within minutes of this termination, which is consistent with my understanding of what should happen. My problem is that the server which held the terminated game remains active. Why does this happen?

Custom Game Servers
5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Simon Cui avatar image Simon Cui commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
jahelmer4 avatar image jahelmer4 Simon Cui commented ·

Thanks for the response. I understand that the servers are not intended to shut down. To my understanding, once a game is complete, an active server will get replaced with a standby server and the original will be handled by PlayFab. In my case, when the game ends and terminates, a new standby server does get created, however the old one remains as active even though there is no game running. Am I missing something?

0 Likes 0 ·
Simon Cui avatar image Simon Cui jahelmer4 commented ·

Could you share us with some screenshots of your server build details and server region configuration when encountering this issue? Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.