question

gamingbigfoot avatar image
gamingbigfoot asked

How to manually reset leaderboards every 5 minutes?

Hello everyone. I have a client that's making a slot machines game, and he wants to do 5 minute tournaments where the player will try to get the maximum score. The only options we have it's to reset it every hour.

The other option is to manually reset it, but it's through the Admin API.

So.. what I was thinking, is about calling the Admin API from one of our servers, cause the cloud scripts can only call the server API right?

Any ideas on how we can do this without having to set up a server? I would prefer to keep everything within playfab is possible.

Oh, if the answer is yes, you need to have another server, what's needed? just a normal POST call with SSL , HTTPS, and the title keys and private keys right?

Leaderboards and StatisticsCustom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We don't currently support reset times shorter than one hour. While it's possible that this could work for you, our concern is that this could cause performance issues as the number of versions grows. We do have plans for optimizations to support more frequent requests, but at the moment I would have to recommend not aiming for resets this frequently.

You are indeed correct that Cloud Script does not have Admin API access - only Server API. If you have any feature designs that need to make Admin API calls in an automated way, please contact us about the specifics by emailing devrel@playfab.com or clicking "File a Ticket" below. In general, the Admin API calls are designed for configuration and management of your games, and some may not perform well if called frequently.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

gamingbigfoot avatar image gamingbigfoot commented ·

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll have my client contact you then, to see if we can find a way to solve this :)

0 Likes 0 ·
gamingbigfoot avatar image gamingbigfoot commented ·

Sorry Brendan, can you tell me what mail should I write to for this matter? thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan gamingbigfoot commented ·

It would be devrel@playfab.com, or just click "File a Ticket" below. I'll update the answer above with this info, for clarity.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.