question

Paul Pacheco avatar image
Paul Pacheco asked

Server Unhealthy, propping failed with custom container

My game id is 2470,

I created a container and I am able to run that container in thundernetes.

When trying to deploy it in the multiplayer server, the server starts but it stays unhealthy, with the status propping failed.

I log in in the linux vm, sudo and do docker ps. But I don't see any container running.

The image appears to be successfully uploaded, and I can see it in the dropdown when I create the build.

I don't see logs of any kind, I suppose I don't know where to look. Can you guys help?

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Paul Pacheco avatar image
Paul Pacheco answered

I figured it out.

The vms cannot pull images that have been built with podman. This works fine with my local thundernetes cluster.

I tested this by ssh into the vm, then tried to manually pull the image like so:

docker pull xxxxxx:a.b.c
Error response from daemon: mediaType in manifest should be 'application/vnd.docker.distribution.manifest.v2+json' not 'application/vnd.oci.image.manifest.v1+json'

I changed my build server to start using docker instead and now the server started.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Logs can be retrieved after the game server has terminated, and since your server build stuck in propping failed status you cannot get logs in Archived servers page. Besides, since the container doesn’t run, you cannot connect into the container to get the logs. You may try to reupload your Linux image(you can refer to Create and deploy Linux container images - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn ) and re-create the build to see if the issue is reproducible.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.