question

Tiago avatar image
Tiago asked

Connecting to a StandingBy server

So I have a StandingBy state server and I want to connect to It directly via IP.

Is It possible to connect to it when it's state is set to StandingBy?(I'm able to connect via MockVmAgent).

But when I try with the uploaded build It seems that I get disconnected right when I establish connection.

And is It possible to have a server always set to Active state?

When I try to use the RequestMultiplayerServer request It asks for a SessionId, but my server don't have one, it's blank.

Thank you!

apismultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Yes, it is possible. There is no need to make it active before the connection. First thing is to ensure that the state of Multiplayer Server build is healthy and at least one is in stand by mode so that you can navigate to the servers tab and click “connect” button. Then you may connect to the VM via RDP. Please note that it is the VM that is connected. You will need to navigate to Powershell to use docker commend to review the running instances:

docker ps
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tiago avatar image Tiago commented ·

Ok cool, I found out that I was using the port provided in the connection tab but It wasn't working, using "docker ps" gave me the right port and I'm now able to connect.

So... when I add a region, what does Server amount do? Because when I set StandingBy server to more than 0 the VM is set to deploying and gives me a VM to access later.

With no StadingBy servers seems that nothing happens.

And is it possible to have a servers list in my game? I want to have servers up and running so players can just click and connect to it.

And is it possible to have a player to create a server(like a lobby, with his id/name) for players do join?(in this case create a dedicated server and assign it to him)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.