question

ivanneves avatar image
ivanneves asked

Integrate Multiplayer Services with my own Networking System

It's the first time i ever try to do this kind of integration. Some things in the Multiplayer Services got me a little bit confused about Playfab multiplayer services.

How does the integration with my multiplayer logic works? I kinda understood how the server hosting and matchmaking could work, but how does the Party Networking & Chat works? Does Playfab API gives me the entire solution to listen to setup a game chat, both text and voice, or is it something else? What would be the workflow to integrate those services with my network code?
I'm using Unity with MLAPI.

I'm a layman in those topics, and since it's my first time using such service i don't really know how things work.

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Simply speaking, PlayFab Party provides a data transport, while matchmaking gathers players to a match. They are separate systems, which are supported by separate SDKs.

You can refer to this document PlayFab Party objects and their relationships, to see the components of PlayFab Party and how they work.

For implementing PlayFab Party in Unity, you could follow this document: Quickstart: PlayFab Party Unity Plugin

I am not familiar with MLAPI, PlayFab Party won’t require external tools for the implementation.

If you have further question, please feel free to ask.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.