question

rmontino avatar image
rmontino asked

Getting Unity logs from game server

I've tried Unity's "Server build" where the logs go to the console but still my "archived server" logs are all empty.

This post suggests re-directing Unity logs to "log_file_path" but the Unity GSDK doesn't have an API call to get it. Is it a well-known path?

https://community.playfab.com/questions/669/208506448-Log-Path-on-Dedicated-server.html

unity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered

@rmontino thanks for posting the JSON file. Out of curiosity, do you spawn multiple server sessions into a single process? What technologies are you using? Thanks!

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rmontino avatar image rmontino commented ·

Yes, we enable "read-only" assets to get multiple servers in one process-mode VM. Not sure what you mean by technologies but we use playfab's inventory for offline inventory management, our own inventory system for online management.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios rmontino commented ·

sorry I wasn't clear, I meant technology about the multiplayer server. Is it Unity or something else?

0 Likes 0 ·
rmontino avatar image rmontino Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios commented ·

It's just Photon and Unity, Windows build running as a process for now.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.