question

Juan Manuel Martinez avatar image
Juan Manuel Martinez asked

Log_Path on Dedicated server

Hi there,

So this is the problem, when you upload to gamemanager your build of the server, you can set two routes for logging purposes.

-log_file_path and -output_files_directory_path. Well, I've tried to set those routes in different ways. Relative to, Absolute (using z:\ as root unit), using '/' and '\', ... 

No success result retrieved. Can I have some help in order to do that?? If I can't debug my server in remote, at least I need to retrieve the logs of my game.

Thanks,

Juan

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The log files are read from the log_file_path (the output files are for other files, like recordings of games for playback). So the way to use this would be that the parameter can be named whatever you want, so that your server knows to write the log there. But the path must be <log_file_path>, as shown in the tutorial (https://api.playfab.com/docs/custom-game-servers).

For Unreal developers specifically, the way to tell the engine to use the log_file_path is by using their ABSLOG command line parameter ("-ABSLOG=<log_file_path>").

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jonas.barnaby@gmail.com avatar image
jonas.barnaby@gmail.com answered

In case somebody ends up here having the same problem AND using Unreal Engine, Brendan pointed me to the right direction.

On the command line parameters, instead of "-log_path_file=<log_path_file>" we have to write "-ABSLOG=<log_file_path>" and that's all.

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Yes, Unreal is a unique case- I'll update my answer above with that additional info.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.