question

Niall Muldoon avatar image
Niall Muldoon asked

PlayStream Event Limit Exceeded - Which one though?

Hi,

I received this warning in the Unity Editor: "Failed to send session data. Error: /Event/WriteEvents: The rate of PlayStream events written for title_player_account XXXXXXXXXX has exceeded the limit and is temporarily throttled."

I think this is likely caused by my use of LoginWithCustomID with:

InfoRequestParameters = new GetPlayerCombinedInfoRequestParams{GetTitleData = true}

I was testing various things with my boot flow at the time so I think I would have been causing login requests at a reasonably high frequency (every 5-20 seconds over a 2-3 minute period).

I have checked the Limits Dashboard but cannot see exactly which limit I have exceeded.

Can you advise on how I can investigate this further, please?

Thank you!

Title DatalimitsPlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

It seems that the error you encountered is caused by calling API WriteEvents while processing focus time. The API WriteEvents interacts with the limit of entity profile updates which is 10 requests per 15 seconds. You can use the code below to disable it.

PlayFabSettings.DisableFocusTimeCollection = true;
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.