question

tufanuyguner avatar image
tufanuyguner asked

Pricing questions

Does built-in PlayStream events increase my meter?

Did I understand this right?

1M Profile Reads (assuming each read is 1KB) = 1GB (Reads metered at 1KB)

1GB = $0.33

Any hidden costs that I should be aware of?

Can I export all of my data whenever I want?

Title DatapricingPlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

All use of PlayFab's services generates metered usage, which is what we bill on. So yes, PlayStream events do spin the PlayStream Event meter:

Pricing Meters - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

All the metered costs are detailed in our documentation. There are no hidden costs. So yes, if you were to generate exactly one million "ticks" of the Profile Read meter, and you were in the Pay-as-You-Go tier, that would be USD $0.33.

As to exporting all of your data, I'd classify that two ways:

1. Event data: All event data is stored in a cached for your use in the PlayFab service, You can adjust this cache in the Insights Management page (Custom Data Retention with PlayFab Insights). We recommend using the Event Export feature to send all your events to a backup data store of your own, if you want to have those events beyond the retention period.

2. Configuration data: All the configuration data (Title Data, etc.) can be set and read via API calls.

2. Player data: All the player data can be set and read via API calls. If you want to export all data for all players, you would need to either set up logic to have the clients trigger a write of that data to your chosen endpoint as part of the app's logic flow, or else write a script that reads the data for each player. If you do the latter, please be aware that we do limit the rate at which you can read player data, to help prevent any performance issues. In general, reading them serially wouldn't cause any issues. Also, please note that those reads will generate spin on the relevant meters for the service, just as any other API call to read that data would.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.