question

Carlos Meson avatar image
Carlos Meson asked

PartyNetwork::AuthenticateLocalUser, UserNotAuthorized response

I am having some issues trying to connect to a PlayFab party network created from a server. I am using LoginWithServerCustomId for authentication, and then PartyManager::CreateNewNetwork with a PartyInvitationConfiguration without restrictions. The network is created successfully, but when a different client user tries to connect and calls PartyNetwork::AuthenticateLocalUser, I keep getting a UserNotAuthorized error, despite the invitation not having any restriction nor reaching PartyNetworkConfiguration count limit, does anyone know what else could it be?

The same flow works as expected if the client who creates the network is not authenticated via LoginWithServerCustomId, so I assume it has to be related to the type of user creating the network.

AuthenticationCustom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Carlos Meson avatar image
Carlos Meson answered

Nevermind, it was all my fault, I wasn't using the proper invitation id (I was adding some extra quotation marks...).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

According to this document, it says “To initialize and use Party, you must log in to PlayFab. You can use PlayFabClientAPI::LoginWithCustomID or a platform-specific login method to do this.”

And in this document, it mentions that the basic creation and join flow should be like: A PlayFab Party network is created by a user on a single client, advertised, and then joined by other users on different clients.

So the PlayFab Party is designed to work among clients. Could you tell us what is the purpose you want to create Party Network on the server side?

1 comment
10 |1200

Carlos Meson avatar image Carlos Meson commented ·

The purpose is to create a "game session voice chat lobby" that is handled and managed by the server that was allocated for playing a mission. The server would create a party network (without joining), and players would join that party network once they are connected to this new allocated server.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.