question

Dev Dharsan avatar image
Dev Dharsan asked

Integrate my own server with Playfab's Multiplayer system

So what i wan't to accomplish is that I am going to create a server using the GSDK and instead of uploading the server to PlayFab and running it on on of your VM's, I will run it on my system and it will function the same as the ones over at PlayFab

Why you may ask ?

1) as the server isn't hosted on your VM's i don't need to pay for it

2) I am using PlayFab as my backend which handles all the Authentication, Player Inventories, Currencies and everything else and wan't to use the servers too, there is an option called multiplayer in a players profile which i guess allows me to check which servers has he joined and allowing me to track (please correct me if i am wrong)

Please inform me if this is possible

Player Dataunity3dAuthenticationCustom Game Serversmultiplayer
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dev Dharsan avatar image Dev Dharsan commented ·

Please tell if you have any confusion and i will try my best to clear your doubts about the problem

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Just came across Photon Servers, can i get the result that i am looking for with Photon??

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

GSDK is designed to enable PlayFab Multiplayer VM agent to manage Playfab Multiplayer server instance. If you want to upload the server to other platforms, you do not need to integrate GSDK for your server. For clarification, you can use all PlayFab Server APIs on the external server, but you can’t manage the external servers using PlayFab Multiplayer Server management APIs. If you would like to use Photon Server, they would provide their own APIs for you to manage the servers. If you have questions about Photon Server, you can navigate to their official website and contact their supports to learn more information.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Yeah OK i will just stick to experimenting as of now

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.