question

Kevin Schrader avatar image
Kevin Schrader asked

Severe Delay with SendDataMessage Calls

I've been noticing some extremely long delays (2 minutes between send/receive) when calling any of the SendDataMessage functions between two connected Xbox One clients possibly due to something going on inside our networking mesh that I'm currently trying to narrow down. This won't always happen as when I try sending some test messages like the "Hello (data message)" in the sample, it tends to be instantaneous, but will occasionally also suffer from this delay. Is there any reason why this might be happening or any leads to look into?

unity3ddata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Kevin Schrader avatar image
Kevin Schrader answered

Found out that we were accidentally writing a massive buffer (16MB) for each message being sent which was causing the delay, and since we were using Guaranteed as out delivery option for these TCP calls, that was giving the illusion of the "Hello (data message)" taking just as long occasionally.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.