question

Gwilym Rees avatar image
Gwilym Rees asked

Collect data for multiple users

I was wondering if there is a way to get data for multiple users through the console and the playfab API.
For example, if every user sends that they collected an x amount of an item, can I somehow grab the total amount of that item that all the players collected together?
Can a single player get the total data for all the players?

I couldn't find anything like this in the documentation and I've seen posts from 2017 that explain that wasn't currently supported, I was wondering if something changed in the meantime? Or does something like this require custom logic on our part to handle such a request.

Thanks!

Player Dataunity3ddata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Using the event system, it's very easy to collect data on player usage of a title. For higher frequency events like this, you would need to use telemetry events. That would let you collect that data and use it in any way you like, from analytics to setting up your own service to provide those values to players.

Being able to aggregate data across all players, and have that available to all players with high consistency is not something we support in our built-in data systems. If that's the goal, we'd recommend using a Redis Int or similar.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.