question

Jan Ostermann avatar image
Jan Ostermann asked

Unclear Pricing

Hello,

I have a question about pricing. I am using the PlayFab Free Tier and started developing with the "new" multiplayer system. Now, after about a month of using it, I checked my Billing Summary and saw that I have a Month-to-date total of $52.04 (updated July 13th). All these costs come from "Multiplayer : Vm instance hours".

Now I am a bit confused how these costs got calculated. Especially the hours are interesting. When I upload a new Build I immediately delete the old one. The setup for my builds looks like this:

How do I get to 765hours when the month was only 312 hours old? And is my setup taking advantage of the 200 free hours?

Thank in advance,

Jan

pricing
1xybl.png (10.9 KiB)
hd132.png (42.7 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The billing for custom game server hosting, Party, and CDN (Content) didn't change when we rolled out the consumption pricing for the core service, because those services were already consumption based. For server hosting, there are a lot of different server types, each with different pricing, so you can find all the specific in the docs, here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/billing-for-thunderhead. We do provide some free hours, as shown in your billing summary, but usage above that is charged at the rates shown in our docs.

As to how you could have more hours than 24 in a day, that would be because you're running more than one server at a time. Running one server for one hour is one billing hour. Running two servers for one hour would be two billing hours, not one. If you click on the Total Usage tab in your Multiplayer page in the Game Manager, you'll see that you had as many as 8 servers running at a time in the last 30 days.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jan Ostermann avatar image Jan Ostermann commented ·

Ah, now I got it. Thank you very much :D

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.