question

YONGHAN CHOI avatar image
YONGHAN CHOI asked

About Game Services in China

HI.

I'm expecting a Chinese service next year.

I'd like you to let me know what I need to know about Chinese service.

For example, it costs extra money. Or maybe I need an additional request, etc.

thanks.

pricing
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jia Wei Chan avatar image Jia Wei Chan commented ·

Hi Yonghan Choi,

Please can i know your question. From foreign's perceptive, Although Chinese's Market is huge, but might not big priority, Furthermore PlayFab haven't immerse in Azure so there might not be localization team?

请问你的问题,在外国人的角度和优先,虽然中文的市场很大,但应该也不是很优先考量。因为我觉得Playfab 还没融入Azure,可能没有翻译小组?

1) https://www.cloudflare.com/network/china/ Speed up service in China

1)中国网络服务 加速和优化

2) Localization of Documentation or Web page to Chinese

2)有中文说明/界面

0 Likes 0 ·
YONGHAN CHOI avatar image YONGHAN CHOI Jia Wei Chan commented ·

HI Jia Wei Chan.

Now, I'm developing 3:3 realtime battle game like brawlstars.

I'm using PUN(Photon Unity Network, for realtime network) and PlayFab (for login, purchase, leaderboard)

I recently did a game test in Shanghai.

There was no problem using the function of Playfab.

But for PUN, To use a server in China, I had to build a Chinese version separated form other build, and The price was also different from other countries.

I want to know if there are any differences that I don't know like PUN.

And I want to know if there are any guidelines that I must follow.

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jia Wei Chan avatar image Jia Wei Chan YONGHAN CHOI commented ·

I see. Sorry for what I hear. Can I know the china version and the price.
Then either you have to find the alternative or absorb the cost. (或许找其他技术或承担加钱, 我觉得 xsolla 不错, 当然PlayFab 也ok, nakama 也是可以的或许最便宜 )

huawei also take 50% off IAP instead of 30% revenue cut (https://developer.huawei.com/consumer/en/doc/30203) 你可以给我解释下,是否是开发者少赚 20%? 还是只有中国顾客, 不影响外国顾客的营收。

If you worry about the latency in game:

1. Playfab's server cost (Azure CN Server might be expensive or same as Azure?) I haven check
2. Xsolla (If they have? Then would be not a cost for indie as only earn lesser, 5% cut)

3. Nakama (Cheaper you can host on alibaba, every china customer would be damm zero latency)

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We don't have an update today, but we will be updating soon with additional info on this. Keep an eye on our blog page for more info.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.