question

cihan-gs avatar image
cihan-gs asked

Find lobby request limit

I'm listing established lobbies in my game, and I have a refresh button where I list them. If the user presses it too much, I end up with bad requests. Can I set a limit on findlobby through PlayFab, or do I need to set the limit myself with code?

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Since PlayFab API request rate limits are used to prevent overuse of the API, protect server resources, and ensure fair use of the service by all users, PlayFab does not provide the feature for you to set limits through code.

In addition, when a player reaches the FindLobbyes API call rate limit, the returned API error contains "retryAfterSeconds" indicating the waiting time for the next call. You could handle and display this message to notify the player that the refresh is occurring too frequently, and how long it will take until the next refresh is available.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.