question

John Peterson avatar image
John Peterson asked

Does the PlayStream register all Events?

Dear PlayFab community,

I was testing changing a Player's DisplayName, and noticed that it appeared as if some Events didn't get applied to the PlayStream.

screen-shot-2017-09-09-at-113137-am.png

screen-shot-2017-09-09-at-113206-am.png

In these two screen shots, I'm showing the PlayStream for a particular player. It shows *one* of the two renames that were performed, but not both. Whereas the Events show both.

What is the difference between the PlayStream and Events, and why wouldn't both these Events show up in the PlayStream?

Thanks in advance!

PlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

They actually are both there. If you look at the first screenshot, you'll see that both renames are listed. That's one difference between the interfaces - the live stream will aggregate information if the same event shows up in rapid succession for a player.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

John Peterson avatar image John Peterson commented ·

Ahhh...I see that now! If I drill down into the Raw event JSON, I do see both events in there. Thank you for the clarification!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.