question

Koya Tamura avatar image
Koya Tamura asked

How does Matchmaking get information about how many more players are needed?

I'm using Matchmaking. Now I created a 6-player queue.

So, 2 clients were making the matchmaking request and waiting at the same time. Each player wants to know how many more players we needed to start the match while waiting.

I tried to access GetMatchmakingTicketResult.Members expected to get 2 but couldn't (I got 1).

Can I get kind of above information?

Regards

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

The API GetMatchmakingTicket can only get members of the current ticket, you can't get the information about how many more players are needed to start the match. Currently, PlayFab does not support such a feature. But you can use the API GetQueueStatistics(these include the number of players matching and the statistics related to the time to match statistics in seconds) to show how active your queues are to players. Please note that users may retrieve statistics only if the queue configuration has the Show the number of players matching and/or Show the time to match statistics settings checked.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.