question

ryancoastek avatar image
ryancoastek asked

Current Player Count Per Instance

Hello, I was looking at the matchmaking API and was wondering if there is any way I can retrieve the amount of players currently connected to instance before I connect to it. If not, I was planning to just keep track of the player count on the server and update the game info data with the player count so it can be accessed when getting a list of the current games.

I need this in order to determine whether the instance has enough slots in order to connect all members of the party queuing together. Thanks to anyone that can help!

Custom Game ServersMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

While our current matchmaker functionality doesn't provide this, you can add you own matchmaker logic via the Matchmaker API. Using those API methods, you can create a matchmaker which works in conjunction with our service to start servers and match players in to those sessions based upon any logic you desire.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.