question

Oliver Summerfield avatar image
Oliver Summerfield asked

Is there a way to start a match if only one ticket is matching and satisfies matchmaking rules?

If I've understood correctly from other questions - matchmaking will only match if two tickets are searching regardless of the number of players in the ticket.

However, it seems a little counter-intuitive that players wouldn't be able to start a match with a single ticket if their party size satisfied the minimum match size and I just wanted to check if there are any work arounds for this within PlayFab

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

If I've understood correctly from other questions - matchmaking will only match if two tickets are searching regardless of the number of players in the ticket.

Matchmaking system needs at least 2 tickets to find a match.

However, it seems a little counter-intuitive that players wouldn't be able to start a match with a single ticket if their party size satisfied the minimum match size and I just wanted to check if there are any work arounds for this within PlayFab

If you want to start the game with one ticket, you can use Multiplayer Server - Request Multiplayer Server - REST API (PlayFab Multiplayer) | Microsoft Learn to start the game directly. And then you can follow Using server backfill tickets - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn to match additional players.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.