question

Alexander avatar image
Alexander asked

RedeemGooglePlayInventoryItems Bad Request - Invalid Value For Alternative Id

Good day. I have configured the application page on Google Play and on PlayFab. I have completed the steps of setting up the Google addon with a service key, and generating bundles with marketplace mapping, where I set IDs that duplicate the SKU IDs of products in the Google console. I configured two bundles to test purchase validation. I released the app on the alpha track, and purchases via Unity IAP are successful—I receive the purchase token and product ID from Google. However, when I call the PlayFabEconomyAPI.RedeemGooglePlayInventoryItems method, I receive a 400 error: code 1071, MarketPlace API 'PurchasesProductGet' in environment 'Production' returns statusCode 400 and the error message "Invalid Value For Alternative Id 'MyGoogleProductID(SKU'". What could be the problem, as this specific error has not been discussed on the forums?

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

As https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/economy-v2/tutorials/marketplace-redemption/google#check-alternateids mentions that “before making the redeem call, make sure you have the correct AlternateId in Game Manager, it should be the same as in the Google Play Console.” So, could you check if the Marketplace ID (we also call it AlternateId) of the bundle you set up in Game Manager is the same as the Product ID in Google Play Console?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.