question

oglazirin avatar image
oglazirin asked

How to connect to official PlayFab Custom Game Server hosted in PlayFab

Hello everyone!

Could someone please explain how exactly to connect to official PlayFab Custom Game Server once you uploaded it to PlayFab Builds?

I downloaded the GitHub project, in the Server scene set TitleId to my title, built the project, added it to zip archive and uploaded the archive to PlayFab. It's currently running:

Now I'm trying to connect to it by using the example client that accomanies the GitHub project. Unfortunately, the client can't connect. It successfully logs into PlayFab and starts waiting for connection to my uploaded server but the connection is never fulfield and the client automatically disconnects:

I haven't changed any source code of the original project at all. In both Server and Client projects I've set the correct TitleID. The client is trying to connect to the right Region. Obviously I'm missing something because other people are using the project without any errors. Maybe I forgot to set up some sneaky setting.

Please help :)

Thank you very much!

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Since you've also asked that in this thread (https://community.playfab.com/questions/3898/connecting-to-custom-server-build.html?childToView=6457#comment-64570, I've responded there. To prevent confusion, can we make sure to keep the discussion in that thread if you still have questions on this? Thanks!

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

oglazirin avatar image oglazirin commented ·

Sure thing! Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.