question

ryancoastek avatar image
ryancoastek asked

Connecting to custom server build

Hello everyone, currently I have added on to the provided custom game server as well as the game client for Unity. Everything works flawlessly while I am testing it locally. The connection is made to the server and the client is authenticated. However, I have recently uploaded my build package and have not had similar results. The client recognizes that there is an available server in the selected region and build version, but the connection is never fulfilled and the client will eventually automatically disconnect.

If anyone could guide me as to what the problem may be I would be very appreciative. Thank you.

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ryancoastek avatar image
ryancoastek answered

I have actually just fixed the problem. Took a break for a little while then realized I overrided the creation of the Network Manager in the context command while I was doing lan testing. I was never retrieving the host and port from the server settings provided by PlayFab. Thank you for the reply though.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

oglazirin avatar image oglazirin commented ·

Hi @ryancoastek!

I'm having a similar problem. Could you please explain how exactly to connect to official PlayFab Custom Game Server once you uploaded it to PlayFab Builds?

I downloaded the GitHub project, in the Server scene set TitleId to my title, built the project, added it to zip archive and uploaded the archive to PlayFab. It's currently running:

Now I'm trying to connect to it by using the example client, but similary to your situation the connection is not fulfield and after some time it automatically disconnects:

Unlike you, I haven't changed any source code of the original project at all. I was hoping that maybe you could point me to the right direction here.

Thank you very mcuh!

0 Likes 0 ·
server.png (42.9 KiB)
client.png (114.8 KiB)
Show more comments
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

What are the calls you're making to connect to the given server, and what responses are you hearing at the client, if any? If you're not hearing anything at the client, do you have a Netmon or Wireshark capture from the connection attempt?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.