question

anudeep avatar image
anudeep asked

New Users are are created on LoginWithAndroidDeviceID

I had cross checked if in case my device id was changing? With the same device id, new accounts are being created every once in a while. Not sure why this is happening. Some times, even when I login with emailAddress, LoginWithEmailAddress() it ends up creating a new user. Not sure What it is that's creating this accounts.

Account Management
8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

I cannot reproduce this issue. Would you please tell us your Title ID and show us some accounts that have the same Device Id or same Email Address so that we can do some research?

0 Likes 0 ·
anudeep avatar image anudeep Gosen Gao commented ·

The title Id is F5834,
but no the additional accounts that are being created aren't linked to any Device Id.

Basically on a button click, I login into the desired account (in the case of email address), but on the console there are two logins with the same time stamp, one being my player id and the other one is a newly created account which I never again can login to.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao anudeep commented ·

>> on the console there are two logins with the same time stamp

Do you mean, there are two login events when you log in? If so, please provide the detailed info about these two events.

Typically, a login generates two events, which are "player_logged_in" and "entity_logged_in". One login for master player account and one for title player account. For more info, please refer to Available built-in entity types.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
anudeep avatar image anudeep commented ·

Okay! I have noticed that, It happens only when I authenticate on the unity editor.

0 Likes 0 ·

What i mean by same device id, meaning, the deviceId that i log is the same always, since it's the same device. However, a new account gets created.

0 Likes 0 ·

So, if a new account is created, could you please the detailed info about the newly created account and the original account?

0 Likes 0 ·
anudeep avatar image anudeep Gosen Gao commented ·

Sorry for the late response.
So here are two accounts, which upon Guest login through both android device and Unity editor.
Player ID -

1117746A3737F7D8 and

EE0A841BB18CF459

-1 Like -1 ·

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

After investigating your title, we found that you unlinked the account from the device id. After unlinking, when you log in again with the same device id, you cannot log in to the original account (because they are no longer linked together), a new account will be created. Please check your code logic to see why unlinking occurs and avoid it.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Okay! That did end up working for me, temporarily! I am able to login into the same guest account for a period of time. But when I was testing it again days later, when i login through the same device, i do end up logging into a newly created account. checked the playfab stream and didn't notice any unlinking happening this time. Does it have to do with maybe deleting the app and installing again?

0 Likes 0 ·

Please note that, there is some delay in the Data Explorer, you may need to check the event history to see if there is event "player_unlinked_account" generated before your last login.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.