question

Vallcrist avatar image
Vallcrist asked

Adding Email/Password after account creation

Hello everyone!

I need to support the following use case:

* Player enters game
* Login with anonymous ID\Facebook Login
* After some time, I want to offer to the user the option of creating a "Full" account, one with email/password as well as their previous integration.

On the docs I see that you can start with an email/password account and then link other services, however seems like the reverse is not possible, starting with a facebook account link and then adding email/password at a later time.

Account ManagementAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

You can use AddUsernamePassword to add username, email, and password to an account created without them (via Facebook or any of the ID-based login calls). Can you give that a try, and let us know if you encounter any issues?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nikolalemmens avatar image nikolalemmens commented ·

I do exactly as above and use AddUsernamePassword. Works nicely. But as I don't want to confuse the players with an extra username (they already chose a title display name), and the username is required in AddUsernamePassword, I just pass in the Player Id again.

Is there a reason why AddEmailPassword, without a username required, isn't possible?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan nikolalemmens commented ·

Well, the specific answer to your question is yes, there's no API that does what you describe (set the email and password, without a Username), since all three fields are required in the existing API call. What I would recommend is adding a post to our Feature Requests forum area, so that others can see your request and potentially "like" it (which helps with prioritization).

1 Like 1 ·
Johan de Bruin avatar image Johan de Bruin brendan commented ·

+1 My game have a usecase for this feature (We don't use usernames to login, only email).

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.