question

first-7 avatar image
first-7 asked

Link cross-device with the same account

Hi, is there a way in the playfab API to link cross device on the same account ?

For exemple I'm on IOS and I want to play on my Android

I know I need to give an ID to my player but I didn't see any way to do it on the playfab API documentation.

Thanks

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, if you have a look at this blog post, we talk about this in more detail: https://playfab.com/first-impressions-count-best-practices-friction-free-player-authentication/.

In short, in order to make it so that your player can access the account from something other than the initial device, you'll want to set up a more "mobile" authentication mechanism, like Facebook, Google, Steam, etc. It's also possible to set a username/password, email/password, or Custom ID which you display to the user so that they enter it on the other device, but those are fairly high friction methods, so we generally recommend using some form of network sign-in.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

alex2d avatar image alex2d commented ·

Тhat something is not right with a web page at this link, now...

:)

Sincerely yours, Alex!

0 Likes 0 ·
ew5we.png (106.9 KiB)
brendan avatar image brendan alex2d commented ·

Thanks - we'll get that fixed.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.