question

itsjustnils avatar image
itsjustnils asked

What am I doing wrong matchmaking?

Hello,

I'm following the Unity Lobby & Matchmaking tutorial. And I've a few questions.

This is the code:

PlayFabMultiplayer.OnMatchmakingTicketCompleted += PlayFabMultiplayer_OnMatchmakingTicketCompleted;
PlayFabMultiplayer.OnMatchmakingTicketStatusChanged += PlayFabMultiplayer_OnMatchmakingTicketStatusChanged;

List<MatchUser> localUsers = new List<MatchUser>();
localUsers.Add(new MatchUser(entityKey, string.Empty));

List<PFEntityKey> membersToMatchWith = new List<PFEntityKey>();

PlayFabMultiplayer.CreateMatchmakingTicket(localUsers, "test", membersToMatchWith);

Yes I have a matchmaking queue named "test". I'm leaving the`membersToMatchWith` empty as I have no members to match with, and it looks like it's something I'm allowed to leave empty.

The configuration of the queue looks like this (I've specifically left out any rules or server allocation just for the sake of finding what I'm doing wrong):

My result, however, is the following:

Can someone point me to what I'm doing wrong here?

Also:

It seems this is a separate "PlayFabMultiplayerSDK", which sorta overrides existing methods of the "PlayFabSDK" multiplayer API.

Even tho it looks as if one could reach the same results in terms of setting up Lobby and Matchmaking logic - which I did for Lobby only "by accident" before learning I had to also import the "PlayFabMultiplayerSDK" which is used for the aforementioned tutorial.

So is it wise to even use PlayFabMultiplayerSDK?

Thanks in advance!

Matchmaking
error.jpg (7.2 KiB)
queue.jpg (62.6 KiB)
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

itsjustnils avatar image itsjustnils commented ·

I'd like to add that I'm creating the `entityKey` once logged in:

entityKey = new PFEntityKey(obj.EntityToken.Entity.Id, obj.EntityToken.Entity.Type);

Like this

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

I can reproduce this issue and I will submit a report to the team. If there are any updates, I will keep you informed.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.