question

mrclam avatar image
mrclam asked

XboxGDK Unity PlayfabSDK crashes on Suspend/Resume,Suspend/Resume on XBOX Unity

I'm using Playfab in an XboxGDK game in Unity3D

If I use: LoginWithCustomID

and wait for it to succeed. And then do a Suspend/Resume on the hardware, I get a hard console crash on resume, crash happens inside of Playfab code, pretty hard to find out where because it's near impossible to connect the debugger to unity on return from a Suspend.

This is happening in a test bed. No other game code, or unity calls are happening.

If I remove the "LoginWithCustomID" line of code, Suspend/Resume happens fine.

This was happening in version of PlayfabSDK I had from January 2021, I've updated to the very latest, and it still happens

Are there function calls I *should* be calling inside of Playfab on suspend/resume? If so, what are they?

Thanks

Hi.

I have an xbox game running on Unity. If I call :

LoginWithCustomID

At ANY point, and wait for it to succeed. If I then do a "Suspend"/"Resume" the game crashes inside of playfabs code (very hard to find out where exactly as It's pretty much impossible to attach debugger immediately on resume)... If I dont Login to Playfab, everything is fine.

NOTE: In this test, I'm NOT calling ANY other Playfab code, just logging in.

Is there functions I *Should* be calling in Playfab on Suspend/Resume?

I was using sdk from early 2021, but I've grabbed latest SDK as of today. And still happens.

unity3d
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

Could you please provide the detailed code line you used to call the API LoginWithCustomID for our reference?

0 Likes 0 ·
mrclam avatar image mrclam commented ·
        var request = new PlayFab.ClientModels.LoginWithCustomIDRequest { CustomId = customLoginID, CreateAccount = true, TitleId = m_titleID };

PlayFab.PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithCustomID(request, OnPlayfabLoginSuccess, OnPlayfabLoginFailure);
0 Likes 0 ·
mrclam avatar image mrclam commented ·

I have a test bed. Does absolutely nothing other than Logs into playfab. No other scripts running.

Everything works fine, no errors, no nothing.

Only get a crash following a Suspend/Resume. I assume something is taking too long to suspend. Do you have functions which are supposed to be called in this scenario?

Actually our test code is pretty much 100% the same as in this question, which seemed to have the same problem, but no solution.

Calling Login doesn't allow the application to suspend on Xbox - Playfab Community

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

According to the Xbox team, the similar issue in the above referred link couldn't be reproduced in the testing environment (with a specific Xbox version OS and XDK version).

Due to NDA, PlayFab community forum cannot provide further technical support on this issue, and we suggested send a thread on Xbox private forum so that Xbox team will try to reproduce and provide technical suggestions. Do you still have issue in a different Xbox Version OS?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.