question

Abdelrahman Awwad avatar image
Abdelrahman Awwad asked

Game match ID system

I wanted to create a system where a player can create a game and get a 5 characters string ID of the game .. he could then share that ID to his friends and they can use it to join the same game .. sorta like how among us works

I tried to achieve that using the session ID on RequestMultiplayerServer() .. which will show up on the creators client and he can share it easily.. then his friends would use the GetMatch() with that session ID to then join the same match ... Unfortunately though Session ID needs to be in guid format which is not ideal for sharing with friends

I'm quite lost as this point .. been trying to get it to work for a while now

sdksCustom Game ServersmultiplayersupportMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Do you want to implement a matchmaking mechanism that players can match with each other through entering the same 5-digit string? If so, you can consider using the String Equality Rule as the matchmaking queue rule. The String Equality Rule is designed to match the tickets that have the same string attribute together. It can be used to implement a password-based matchmaking mechanism directly. And you can customize the content of string sources on your own. Please check our documentation - Configuring matchmaking queues - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to learn about how to configure the matchmaking queue and check this documentation - Matchmaking scenario and configuration examples - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to view the matchmaking scenarios and configuration examples we provide.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.