question

Viachaslau avatar image
Viachaslau asked

LocalMultiplayerAgent.exe hangs after terminating steps

LocalMultiplayerAgent.exe hangs after terminating steps. But ShutdownCallback calls properly.

Do I understand right the order of running binaries?

1) Start game server (in which PlayFab SDK is intergrated)

2) Start LocalMultiplayerAgent.exe

3) Start game client (in which PlayFAB API is integrated)

Whtat can be wrong?

Thx.

Also could you please explain where to put json config for GSDK and how it should be named? And what is the param ServerID. How to set it?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

You don’t need to start the game server manually. According to our document, after you integrate your game server with the GSDK and build it, compress it and its dependencies to a zip archive. You need to update some properties in the MultiplayerSettings.json file. Then you can run LocalMultiplayerAgent.exe in a PowerShell window as Administrator. At this point, LocalMultiplayerAgent sets up the HTTP listener, unzips the game asset, and starts the game server automatically.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Viachaslau avatar image Viachaslau commented ·

Do you know if I should reset in client app PlayFabSettings::staticSettings->baseServiceHost for connecting to local agent?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Viachaslau commented ·

No, you don't need to set this value. Please continue to get support from another thread --PlayFabSettings::staticSettings->baseServiceHost for local testing - Playfab Community

0 Likes 0 ·
Viachaslau avatar image Viachaslau commented ·

Because I still get the failed response from Login: Could not determine a title id for this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Viachaslau commented ·

To help us track your issue, please post relevant questions in a single thread. Thanks for your understanding. For this question, please see the response on this thread --"Could not determine a title id for this" when using LocalMultiplayerAgent.exe - Playfab Community

0 Likes 0 ·
Viachaslau avatar image
Viachaslau answered

Thank you. I have already realized that 1st step shouldn't be done.

All I missed is running agent as administrator. I'll try to do it.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.