question

Viachaslau avatar image
Viachaslau asked

"Could not determine a title id for this" when using LocalMultiplayerAgent.exe

I set up MultiplayerSettings.json. I set TitleId, BuildId and left SessionId as is. All these values I use in client applicatioin to login.

Then I start LocalMultiplayerAgent.exe, waits for Active state and run client. And code goes to Failure callback with error "Could not determine a title id for this".

What is wrong? I use C++ server. All dll files are located in zip archieve. I use NodePort to connect to server. As I understand I shouldn't use AgentListeningPort - it's just for communicating game server and agent.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Could you locate the code that report this error? Is it reported by a PlayFab API call? Usually, lack of DLLs or ports won't return title id related error.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Paul Gilmore avatar image
Paul Gilmore answered

Greetings from PlayFab!

There is no hard requirement for titleId in LocalMultiplayerAgent. Therefore, I'm relatively certain the issue appears in your game server, and not LMA. With that in mind, can you log/verify the titleId that your server uses? It's possible that the titleID is not relayed from the LMA to your server properly (This would be a bug in the LMA, so you should file it if you can confirm it). It's also possible your server has a timing issue (it sets a bad title first, and the LMA titleId comes in later). Finally, you could ignore the LMA titleId entirely, and hard code the titleId in your game server. The final option is pretty common.

Tangentially, if you're having issues with your LocalMultiplayerAgent MultiplayerSettings.json file, you might want to check out our new utility. It should help you generate this file an all the various configurations more quickly and safely.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.