question

Bijian Wu avatar image
Bijian Wu asked

Matchmaking for friends

Hi, I am using PlayFab matchmaking and Multiplayer server for my game.

I would like to know.

Does PlayFab Matchmaking allow the player to invite their friend to start a match instead of creating the matchmaking tickets together than hope for the match? so that they can start the match with their selected friends, like challenge a friend or invite friends features in most multiplayer games.

All I am asking is there a way for players to start the match together without going through the process of the matchmaking polling process.

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

The RequestMultiplayerServer API can be used to request a session without going through the Matchmaking process.

However, dealing with invitation between friends requires a lobby-like feature. And this feature is not supported in Multiplayer Server 2.0. There are workarounds about using Player Data, Shared Group, etc. but there are also limits of these workarounds, one is that the workarounds cannot proactively inform the player’s friends that they are invited. Please refer to this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/41697/matchmaking-friends-into-a-game.html

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.