question

PAVLO VANSOVYCH avatar image
PAVLO VANSOVYCH asked

MultiPlayer - MatchMaking Prices during Development

Hello, i`m from Poland. While developing a game i want to enable Multiplayer servers by Playfab and testing my game in MatchMaking Playfab. I saw pricing models.

I need only my Region turns on and i have two registered players to test my Game. Is it free ?

During development i would connect and disconects thousand of times, and im scaring if ive run over the FREE hours per VM.... How to set up it right for development time.

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We provide a limited number of free hosting hours on specific server models and in specific regions. These are detailed in our documentation, here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/billing-for-thunderhead. Any usage exceeding those free hours, or using server models or regions for which we don't provide free hours, are billed at the rates shown in the detailed pricing sheet: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/multiplayer-servers-detailed-price-sheet.

And please bear in mind that even without connected players, Standby servers are still servers running your build. The purpose of Standby servers is so that a player searching for a new session can immediately join one. Without Standby servers, you would have to wait for a server to be provisioned, for your build to be downloaded to it and decompressed, and then for your executable to be started. That process can take several minutes, which is far too long to make a player wait. To turn off all running servers for your title in a configured region, you need to have your standby server total set to 0. We highly recommend turning off all running servers when you are not actively using them for testing, or for a live title.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

PAVLO VANSOVYCH avatar image
PAVLO VANSOVYCH answered

@Brendan Ok, thanks for a fast answer, so guide me please how can i make my 2 pc be the Server for my game while game is in development? The basic concept for me is

1. in One pc - i edit my game and conects to server

2. the Second - it is my server (some software that i`m only run that only works like Network send and receive data)

3. PlayFab Account that i use for register my new players and store their data.

4. Matchmaking API need to have a dedicated server.... when my players click "QuickMatch" the matchmaker will gathered tickets, sort them and look for a server to connect them, from this point i have a question.

I want to have Server on my side first (on my second computer), how to do this and if i`ll be ready to "Launch" the game can i simply deleted server from my PC, and start using Playfab Server Features?

Or i need to customize my server with my code for sync pos, rot, dir and other values, save this and in future it would be my server model on PlayFab VM?

Where i can find info about sync ? I found this guy telling about dedicated servers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh8XaC0Y5MA&list=PLXkn83W0QkfnqsK8I0RAz5AbUxfg3bOQ5

If i copy this server model how actualy later i translate it to a Playfab.

Also i found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdXJAaTR9xM&t=58s

But it was 4 years ago? Do you can make some YT video series for configuring it all?

If you can please try to explain me how this all works... because some of documentation is too old for todays features, and from the other hand no one seems to guide us in Fundamentaly questions.

So if i`m new to this i read about but in one service they have their own logic in others - other.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.