question

dgupta avatar image
dgupta asked

Internal Server Error when trying to matchmake

Hi guys!

So, Im trying to upload a custom server that is really basic. It is pretty much the custom playfab server that is given out of the box on github. I just built that in Unity and uploaded it. For some reason, when I try to call the Matchmake API on the server though, it gives an internal server error. Saying "An unexpected error occurred while processing the request."

Any idea why this error could be happening?

Thanks in advance!

Dhruv

Matchmaking
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dgupta avatar image dgupta commented ·

Also, when I do matchmake it does start a new game on the server. It just also returns this error. Do I have to do anything server side to resolve this?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

To answer the primary issue, I'm seeing a few issues with your game server configuration. The command line arguments are provided in this manner so that you can change the argument naming however you need to, but the actual values are generated by our system and are passed in as <game_id> etc. You cannot use a specific IP Address, for example, and by not using the <game_id>, the server has no way to know what its actual ID is for talking to the main service. I've de-activated the existing server you had running, since you can't use it in this state. Can you set the command-line back to the default (example below), and then re-test by starting a new server?

Default Command Line Arguments:

-game_id=<game_id> -game_build_version=<game_build_version> -game_mode=<game_mode> -server_host_domain=<server_host_domain> -server_host_port=<server_host_port> -server_host_region=<server_host_region> -playfab_api_endpoint=<playfab_api_endpoint> -title_secret_key=<title_secret_key> -custom_data=<custom_data> -log_file_path=<log_file_path> -output_files_directory_path=<output_files_directory_path> -batchmode

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dgupta avatar image dgupta commented ·

Thanks for the quick reply!

Alright, I actually had the command line as default originally, and it was still giving the same error. But I have re-uploaded another server build with the default command lines given. I think it usually takes around 10 minutes to start running though.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan dgupta commented ·

Correct - which is why defining the min available instances realistically is critical for a live title. AWS takes a long time to spin up a new on-demand instance and make it available to us. Once you have this running again, if you see the same issue, can you send the specifics of the call you're making?

0 Likes 0 ·
dgupta avatar image dgupta brendan commented ·

Alright its up and running! I tried calling matchmaking again and still got the internal server error :/

Im actually just calling it from the "try it" in the API documentation.

Thats the error.

0 Likes 0 ·
capture.png (108.6 KiB)
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.