question

Jeff Posey avatar image
Jeff Posey asked

Empty Buttons on PlayFab Web Dashboard

On some devices I have access to (Like Windows 7 with multiple browsers, Android with Chrome) the PlayFab web dashboard buttons do not have their text on them. See comments for details. Still trying to work out what's happening. Other devices like Windows 10 with Chrome, Safari on iOS and macOS, it is working.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeff Posey avatar image Jeff Posey commented ·

Login page

Players page

0 Likes 0 ·

OK. So far, my Windows desktop with either Chrome, Firefox or IE, as well as Chrome on my Android phone, have empty buttons. BUT, on Macintosh desktop with Safari, I'm getting text on the buttons. In a slightly off font.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I'm not seeing the same thing - here's what I'm seeing:

Edge

Chrome

Maybe try rebooting your PC?

capture.png (11.2 KiB)
capture.png (10.7 KiB)
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

A reboot did not fix it. I went back to look at it on Android with Chrome, and it is still failing.

I am still firing up more computers to see where it works and doesn't.

OK. At this point it is now failing on two separate Windows 7 machines and the Android phone. On one of those windows machines I've tried a few different browsers. All fail.

It is working properly on a Windows 10 laptop with Chrome.

It is working properly with Safari on iOS on iPhone, and macOS on a mac desktop.

Android Chrome screenshot (Note: I redacted the company name and player count, but not the buttons, haha)

0 Likes 0 ·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com Jeff Posey commented ·

@Jeff Posey

Do you have a network Ad Blocker (like PiHole or AdGuard)? I've checked with multiple browsers on Mac and PC and can't replicate this either.

Try on cellular connection on your Android device and see if it still occurs. If not, it's something on your local network.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeff Posey avatar image Jeff Posey brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

I am not using any LAN-wide Ad Blockers. There may be some on specific devices. I'm using the stock standard Google Fiber router with only a couple minor custom settings like port forwarding.

Turning off WiFi and using Cellular on the Android phone does not fix it.

I installed Edge on the Android phone and the buttons show up with that browser. I tried clearing Chrome's local cache on android device but it did not help.

I installed Edge on my Windows 7 desktop and it does not work. I've tried 5 browsers on this one machine but none work.

LATEST SUMMARY:

- Two Windows 7 machines failing with all browsers I've tried (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge, AVG)

- One Windows 10 machine working with Chrome

- Android phone working with Edge but not with Chrome

- iOS and macOS devices working with Safari

0 Likes 0 ·
Vincent Roumier avatar image
Vincent Roumier answered

Hello, did you find a solution to this issue ?
I have the exact same and it's impossible to use Playfab like this.

10 |1200

sebastien-barris avatar image
sebastien-barris answered

Hello everyone, you can try the temporary solution posted here: https://community.playfab.com/questions/45062/broken-buttons-on-chrome-and-ie-11.html

10 |1200

franklinchen avatar image
franklinchen answered

The game manager button text rendering issue has been fixed now. Sorry for any inconvenience.

10 |1200

Jeff Posey avatar image
Jeff Posey answered

And you guys made me think I was crazy.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.