question

adoyon avatar image
adoyon asked

Party Chat Limit

Hi there!

A) Is there a hard cap on the number of player I can have in a network using the chat control?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/networking/concepts-invitations-security-model

B) As a follow-up question, is there a limit (text message per seconds) that can be broadcast from a user to all the other user in the party with the chat control object?

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I don’t think there is any hard cap there. However, Party also uses a usage-based pricing model, which means even though the flexibility is great, the expense will increase with the use.

Although there are many scenarios, you may limit the maximum player quantity via PartyNetworkConfiguration when initializing the network.

In terms of chat string, I also don’t see any limits there. I will suggest limiting size on client side simply via input text field.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.