question

David Coombes avatar image
David Coombes asked

"ServiceUnavailable:Cannot resolve destination host" only on Desktop UWP

My code connects fine to PlayFab on PC build (steam), Android, and XBox One over this network (which is pretty cool and exciting!). I'm trying to create my first UWP release but after building a UWP Master ready for uploading, I get this "Service Unavailable" error.

I'm using Unity 2019.2. Is there a way/method to set permissions or something?

unity3dunreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Coombes avatar image
David Coombes answered

Yeah, it was permissions. In Visual Studio, open the project's Package.appxmanifest file. This opens a nice interface for settings, where permissions can be set. I set these in Unity but they didn't appear to be applied to the project.

Conveniently, the permissions are documented in this editor. Permission needs to be requested for "Internet (Client and Server)" for bidirectional net traffic (the online documentation implies it's for functioning as a server, but it's just net output as well as input).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I am not very familiar with UWP, but if it is simply the network connection issue, you may edit the manifest file of your app. Please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/networking/networking-basics.

Please feel free to tell us if you have any questions.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.