question

Oshri avatar image
Oshri asked

How to clone a title with all of it's configuration to act as development environment?

Account Management
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Niall Muldoon avatar image Niall Muldoon commented ·

I am very interested in this behaviour as well, I think it's essential to have a robust strategy in place for this.

Dashboard support for separate environments with a promotion process would be even better!

0 Likes 0 ·
Jordan avatar image
Jordan answered

Hi Oshri,

You can perform title migrations with the Playfab CLI, or Command Line Interface. Please follow this link to the github page for more information on using the tool.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Niall Muldoon avatar image
Niall Muldoon answered

Hi @Jordan @Brendan

I have seen lots of mentions of an improved migration process from Dev to Production since 2016, but the CLI tool is still being recommended. Is there anything in the roadmap for this?

We will be going live early next year and will need something robust in place for this. I don't want t implement the CLI stuff for it to be superseded before then by something better.

These types of questions seem to have been asked a lot over the years, maybe a blog post or guide is warranted to help spread the best practice?

Thanks,

Niall

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.