question

Michael Urvan avatar image
Michael Urvan asked

Matchmaking premade lobby against opponents

I just wanted to verify that the answer to creating a ticket that would match AGAINST another specific player or multiple specific players could be done like below. The objective is to create tickets that are guaranteed only to match against the other players that I want. I achieve this by creating a matchmaking queue as described below and having each player create their matchmaking ticket by specifying an attribute on the ticket with the same value on the attribute.

As shown below I use a field called FriendCode on the Attributes when the host creates the matchmaking ticket using the C# SDK.

The host signals to the other players in the room via a lobby attribute that the game is to be started, and then all the other players also create their own matchmaking ticket with the same FriendCode attribute with the same value as the host. Everyone's FriendCode would be "ABCD" when the tickets are created.

Also below is a screenshot of the MatchMaking Queue, with a string equality rule and $.FriendCode as the Attribute Path.

Once everyone has created a ticket using that queue, they should all be matched against each other and noone else is that correct?

PlayFabMultiplayerAPI.CreateMatchmakingTicket(
                         new CreateMatchmakingTicketRequest {
                             // The ticket creator specifies their own player attributes.
                             Creator = new MatchmakingPlayer {
                                 Entity = new EntityKey {
                                     Id = LocalPlayer.EntityId,
                                     Type = "title_player_account",
                                 },

// Here we specify the creator's attributes.
                                 Attributes = new MatchmakingPlayerAttributes {
                                     DataObject = new {
                                         FriendCode = LobbyPanel.Instance.FriendCode,
                                         Skill = 24.4,
                                         Latencies = new object[]

6786-image.png

Matchmaking
image.png (66.2 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

I set similar rule.

6801-image.png

And tested these two situations. This situation is two tickets with the Attributes and they successfully matched.

6788-untitled.png

image.png (53.6 KiB)
untitled.png (189.2 KiB)
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Infer Wang avatar image Infer Wang commented ·

Thia situation is one ticket with Attributes and the other without Attributes, finally they are cancelled for timeout.

6803-1.png

So, your rule does work.

0 Likes 0 ·
1.png (150.3 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.