question

drew avatar image
drew asked

How to have monthly paid subscriptions via Apple and Google stores?

I am working on a mobile game that is a paid subscription model. Does PlayFab support this at all? I need a mechanism to allow them to purchase the subscription and then be able to validate it in my Azure Functions. I can't find much except for purchasing items and receipt validation for those.

thanks!

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

In fact, PlayFab provide the subscriptions feature which allows you to grant time-based access to durable goods. For more information, you can refer to Economy v2 Subscriptions - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn. For Economy V2, you may use Inventory - Redeem Google Play Inventory Items - REST API (PlayFab Economy) | Microsoft Learn to validate your Google Purchase, and use Inventory - Redeem Apple App Store Inventory Items - REST API (PlayFab Economy) | Microsoft Learn to validate your Apple Purchase. For more information, please refer to Fraud prevention, redemption, receipt validation - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drew avatar image drew commented ·

Thanks. I did read through all those guides and it's not clear from thr subscription docs how do charge real money from subscribers as IAP. It looks like you can allow users to subscribe by paying game currency?

I also don't need to give them durable goods with my subscription. It just gives them general access to the game.

Thanks again for your support.

0 Likes 0 ·
drew avatar image drew commented ·

@Neils Shi to be clear, I want to allow the user to subscribe to my game monthly using Google and Apple stores paying with real money. The subscriptions feature you mention appears to be a way for the user to pay for goods using in game currencies on a subscription plan which is very different from what I am looking for. Does playfab support subscriptions with Google and Apple and receipt validation of subscriptions? If so, how do I validate the player is a paid subscriber using one of the APIs?

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi drew commented ·

Sorry for misunderstanding what you meant before, if you mean that players need to use real money to subscribe to your game on the Apple or Google Play Store so that they can access your game, then PlayFab does not support this feature. And you may need to ask Google Play or Apple for further assistance, as it may need to check user’s Apple and Google store subscription.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.