question

squad-ops2001 avatar image
squad-ops2001 asked

update Inventory item custom data

Why would I have to do a cloud script just to update item custom data when I integrate the whole sdk into unreal engine? The only node that supposed to do that is Update User Inventory Item Custom Data and apparently it requires a server authentication which isn't explain in the documentation either.

That node doesn't do anything, I either get an error saying only the type title can access this function, if I use the title ID instead of player custom ID it says unauthorized and all type of garbage.

My question is, how can I simply, by using unreal engine blueprint with Playfab SDK retrieve and update Inventory Item custom data???

data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

The API UpdateUserInventoryItemCustomData is a server API, and as Player Item Management - Update User Inventory Item Custom Data - REST API (PlayFab Server) | Microsoft Learn mentions that this API is used to update the key-value pair data tagged to the specified item, which is read-only from the client. Since it is read-only for the client, there's no client API for updating item custom data. So usually Inventory Item Custom Data is modified on the server, if you don’t have dedicated server, then you can use our server-less service PlayFab CloudScript using Azure Functions - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.