question

s_takamisawa@eve-sense.com avatar image
s_takamisawa@eve-sense.com asked

Push Notification Setting for UnityC#

I set the player in the segment settings with the condition "push notification enabled with". I confirmed that only accounts with push notifications enabled on the app side are counted. However, they are still counted even if push notifications are disabled in the app settings. We are creating an app for iOS in Unity/C# We are using "MobileNotifications" in UnityPackage to set up push notifications. I would like to know how to send the settings to Playfab to enable/disable push notifications. 6385-1.png

unity3d
1.png (23.6 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

The segment with the condition "push notification enabled with" will not count the accounts with push notifications enabled on the app side but count the accounts which successfully called RegisterForIOSPushNotification API. Push notifications enabled/disabled on the APP side will only affect the IOS device to receive the notification or not, it will not disable(unregister) the push notification for the accounts on PlayFab side and PlayFab doesn’t support to disable(unregister) push notifications for players, so players which disable the push notifications on APP side will be still in the segment.

If by “I would like to know how to send the settings to Playfab to enable/disable push notifications.” you mean enable/disable push notifications on PlayFab side when players enable/disable push notifications on APP side, playfab doesn’t provide such feature. PlayFab only provide RegisterForIOSPushNotification API for you to enable(register) push notifications for players on PlayFab side.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

s_takamisawa@eve-sense.com avatar image s_takamisawa@eve-sense.com commented ·

Thanks for the reply. I understand that the successful call to the RegisterForIOSPushNotification API counts.

What happens to the "push notification enabled with" status if the API call fails after one successful call to the RegisterForIOSPushNotification API?

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha s_takamisawa@eve-sense.com commented ·

Once the RegisterIOSPushnotification API call is successful, it means that the account has successfully registered push notification. Then even if the second call fails, that is, the second API call is not executed successfully, it will not affect the account that have successfully registered for push notification. So, the "push notification enabled with" status will not be changed.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.